HR Managers and those fulfilling the HR role in their entity.Morning refreshments and a light lunch of sandwiches, chips and salad will be provided. Presentation Topic:
Recently Passed Laws and Cases Impacting Government Employees
9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Mike will cover new laws impacting members including:
- WA Paid Family and Medical Leave - 2019 changes and anticipated changes for 2020
- Sexual harassment of customer by employees - Floeting v. Group Health Coop (Washington 1/31/2019) status
- Updates on other laws for 2019
10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Mike will lead a discussion on member employment issues and concerns, focusing on risk management approaches through an interactive venue.
Workshop and Participant Objectives:
- Share ideas, perspectives and suggestions for risk controls and techniques
- Identify and discuss current issues and concerns
- Learn about "successes" from other member Human Resources professionals
This course is currently being offered on 06/05/2019, 07/31/2019.