Based on member feedback, we created this full day session that expands on a selection of topics presented at the 2018 Risk Managing Parks and Recreation training.
Management, Supervisors, Leads or those with authority and responsibility for implementing parks and recreation programsThis training is only open to WCIA MembersMorning refreshments and a light lunch of sandwiches, chips and salad will be provided.
Tips on navigating your recreation program from beginning to end in today's environment:
- WCIA Resources
- Roles & Responsibilities Regarding Employment Concerns
- Top High-Risk Employment Areas for Parks
- Use of Volunteers, Part-Time and Seasonal Staff
- Primer on Discrimination Issues-Disability Accommodation, Harassment and Age
- An Overview of Best Practices on Managing Employees
Workshop and Participant Objectives:
- Share ideas, perspectives and suggestions for risk controls and techniques
- Identify and discuss current issues and concerns
- Learn about "successes" from other member Parks and Recreation Professionals
This course is currently being offered on 07/17/2019, 08/07/2019.