Based on member feedback, we created this full day session that expands on a selection of topics presented at the 2018 Risk Managing Parks and Recreation training.
Management, Supervisors, Leads or those with authority and responsibility for implementing parks and recreation programsMorning refreshments and a light lunch of sandwiches, chips and salad will be provided.
Tips on navigating your recreation program from beginning to end in today's environment:
- Risk Pool Resources
- Roles & Responsibilities Regarding Employment Concerns
- Top High-Risk Employment Areas for Parks
- Use of Volunteers, Part-Time and Seasonal Staff
- Primer on Discrimination Issues-Disability Accommodation, Harassment and Age
- An Overview of Best Practices on Managing Employees
Workshop and Participant Objectives:
- Share ideas, perspectives and suggestions for risk controls and techniques
- Identify and discuss current issues and concerns
- Learn about "successes" from other member Parks and Recreation Professionals
This course is currently being offered on 07/17/2019, 08/07/2019.