Are you planning on attending the 2019 WSAMA Spring Conference? We hope you can arrive early to join WCIA at our pre-conference session.
Topic: The City Attorney's Role in Risk Managing Issues Arising Out of Homelessness
Municipal Attorneys, Executive Management and Risk Management
Lunch buffet served from 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.**Note:
If you are not planning to join us for lunch, please notify Member Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
, by Monday, April 1, 2019.
Pending approval for 2.00 CLEs Jeff will highlight the areas of risk concern for City Attorneys by:
- Defining the Legal Requirements as well as the Public Policy Associated with Homelessness
- Identifying the Risks Associated with the Homeless on Private Property as well as City Property
- Outlining the Risks Associated with the Establishment of City Sponsored Shelter/Encampments
- Reviewing the New Challenges under Martin v. Boise
- Determining the Roles and Responsibilities of City Attorneys in Working with Staff and Council on Homelessness Matters