Employment Best Practices for Fire and HR Executives
Link to registration* and the full agenda is available by clicking the "Register for this event" button.
WCIA Members - FreeWCIA Co-Sponsored Seminar
*WCIA's co-sponsorship support includes paying the registration fee for WCIA members to attend the 2019 WFC Spring Leadership Seminar. Registrants will need to indicate that they are a WCIA Member on the first page of the WFC Leadership Spring Seminar online registration. This two-day workshop focuses on employment issues and challenges facing Fire Executives on a day to day basis. Summit's labor and employment attorneys will guide you through the employment landmines covering:
- Leave Laws and Other Regulations Affecting Employment Decisions
- Unlawful Harassment, Discrimination and Retaliation - The Big Hitters
- Negligent Hiring to Wrongful Termination - Red Flags and Responses
- Working with Guilds, Labor Groups and Collective Bargaining in Washington State
- Grievances, Unfair Labor Practices and P.E.R.C. - Keeping the Peace
- Citizen Complaints and Internal Investigators
Experienced Fire Chiefs and HR Professionals will be part of this training sharing their insights and lessons learned
This course is currently being offered on 03/27/2019.