Based on member feedback, we created this full day session that expands on a selection of topics presented at the 2018 Risk Managing Parks and Recreation training.
Management, Supervisors, Leads or those with authority and responsibility for implementing parks and recreation programsThis training is only open to WCIA MembersMorning refreshments and a light lunch of sandwiches, chips and salad will be provided.
Tips on navigating your recreation program from beginning to end in today's environment:
- WCIA Resources
- Parks Roles and Responsibilities and Policies
- Specialized Parks and Recreation Programs - Puyallup Example
- Mandatory Reporting Requirements
- Partnerships, Agreements and Contracts
- Recruiting, Hiring and Supervising of Staff for Recreation Programs
Workshop and Participant Objectives:
- Share ideas, perspectives and suggestions for risk controls and techniques
- Identify and discuss current issues and concerns
- Learn about "successes" from other member Parks and Recreation Professionals