Risk Managers and those fulfilling the Risk Management role in their entity.Morning refreshments and a light lunch of sandwiches, chips and salad will be provided.Note
: This training was originally scheduled to take place on February 14, 2019 but was canceled due to inclement weather and travel concerns, and rescheduled for Wednesday, April 3, 2019. Format:
9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.The workshop begins with a one and a half hour presentation and Q & A from Attorney Shannon Ragonesi of Keating, Bucklin & McCormack, Inc., P.S. covering:
Aquatics and Recreation Programs
- Risk management guidelines and best practices including:
- Premises Safety for Aquatic and Gymnasium Facilities
- Important Considerations When Providing Recreational Programs to Minors
- Liability Waivers for Minors and Parents
- Best Practices to Reduce Liability from Aquatics and Recreation Programs
10:50 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
"Sneak Peek" Presentation by Peter Kang, WCIA IT Administrator, on Origami claims and risk management system
11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Robin Aronson, WCIA Risk Services Manager, and the WCIA Risk Management Reps will moderate roundtable discussion groups that will focus on risk management topics through an interactive venue.
Workshop and Participant Objectives:
- Share ideas, perspectives and suggestions for risk controls and techniques
- Identify and discuss current issues and concerns
- Learn about "successes" from other member Risk Management professionals
This course is currently being offered on 04/03/2019.