The Short Course is an opportunity for planning commissioners, local government staff, elected officials, and community members to learn about our state's legal framework planning, comprehensive planning and community development processes, and public involvement in the planning process.REGISTRATION:
- Please register at least one week prior by sending an email to email@example.com with your name, organization, title (if applicable) and the location of the course you would like attend
- Or by leaving the same information at 360-725-3064
- Why are we experiencing an affordable housing crisis? The housing needs assessment, roles of federal, state and local agencies in addressing affordable housing.
Legal Aspects of Affordable Housing
- Learn about Growth Management Act requirements for housing planning, court and Hearings Board decision relating to housing affordability, and local authority to plan for affordability. Learn about the tools in the housing toolbox, including 2019 legislation, and learn which communities are using them.
Understanding Local Efforts to Address Housing Affordability
- King County regional affordable housing planning and examples of local efforts to implement housing affordability
This course is currently being offered on 05/29/2019.