Human Resources Managers and those fulfilling the HR role in their entity.Morning refreshments and a light lunch of sandwiches, chips and salad will be provided.
The WCIA Human Resources Forum
is only open to WCIA Members. Format:9:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Presentation Topic:Unlawful Harassment Today - Keeping Pace with Developments in the Law, Best Practices and Employee Misbehavior
Presenter:Mike Bolasina, Regional Defense Attorney - Summit Law Group
Mike will cover:
- What "Hostile Work Environment" Really Means
- What Makes an Effective Anti-Harassment Policy
- How to Realistically Prevent and Stop Harassment in the Workplace
- Successful Techniques for Investigating Claims of Harassment
- Options for Disciplining Employees Who Engage in Harassment
- Tips for Avoiding Harassment Lawsuits
- Critical Steps for Entities in Defending the Harassment
10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Mike will lead a discussion on member employment issues and concerns, focusing on risk management approaches through an interactive venue.
Workshop and Participant Objectives
- Share ideas, perspectives and suggestions for risk controls and techniques
- Identify and discuss current issues and concerns
- Learn about "successes" from other member Human Resources professionals