WA State Criminal Justice Training Commission (CJTC)Please register directly with CJTC
Registration link to CJTC is available via WCIA's website, just click "Register for this event" button on this page.
Washington Cities Insurance Authority (WCIA) supports this program by providing a limited reimbursement of:
WCIA reimbursement funding is available upon program completion.
- One registration per member
- Please register and pay CJTC first
The Blue Courage Academy is a four-day workshop that educates attendees to be able to deliver the two-day workshop to their organizations. Attendees are given all necessary supporting materials to successfully teach Blue Courage and impact fellow law enforcement professionals.
Blue Courage: The Heart and Mind of the Guardian is an education process designed to ensure the development of a highly evolved police officer who is prepared at any moment to reflect the best of what policing demands. It draws on relevant, proven literature and research on human effectiveness, positive psychology, leadership development, and neuroscience.
It is a process designed to:
- Address cynicism, relationship, identity, integrity, health and stress.
- Develop mental toughness, allowing for the essential resilience officers and leaders must have
- Instill a sense of and commitment to the purpose and nobility of policing
- Develop a culture of learning, critical thinking, open-mindedness, tolerance, and healthy curiosity
- Develop a moral compass and the requisite courage to do the right thing in any circumstance