Crisis Intervention Team Training (CIT)
Youth 8HR, Course #8076
- Must have successfully completed a Crisis Intervention Team Training, Basic, 40HR, or other type of de-escalation type training (King County or Statewide)
Who can attend?
- Open to agency personnel that have successfully completed a Crisis Intervention Team Training, Basic, 40HR (King County or Statewide).
Link to course registration and further information is available via WCIA's website, just click "Register for this event" button on this page.
Crisis Intervention Team-Youth, is an 8-hour class, designed to train police officers and mental health experts who have already been trained in the 40 hour, adult CIT model, and how have a role in CIT training in their department or region. This course will use new youth-focused curriculum and add valuable tools to the CIT trained personnel at your department.
CIT - Youth is an 8-hour curriculum that addresses critical youth specific topics including:
- Adolescent development principles
- Youth mental health symptoms and disorders
- Crisis de-escalation and intervention skills and communication techniques
- Local service and resource linkages for youth (e.g., mental health and crisis
This course is currently being offered on 06/18/2019, 09/05/2019.