WA State Criminal Justice Training Commission (CJTC)
Link to course registration and further information is available via WCIA's website, just click "Register for this event" button.
Washington Cities Insurance Authority (WCIA) supports this certification program by providing a limited reimbursement of:
WCIA reimbursement funding is available upon program completion.
- Two registrations per member, per year
- Please register and pay CJTC first
This pre-supervisor's course is designed to acquaint the prospective supervisor with an awareness of the demands and functions of the world of supervision.
- Participants will be confronted with a variety of 'real life' supervisory scenarios and asked to evaluate and strategize how they might be understood and resolved.
- This course is more about identifying the systemic functions of supervision rather than developing specific supervisory skills the participant may or may not use dependent upon promotional opportunities or personal incentive.
- It is intended to promote an understanding of the role of the supervisor, an awareness of what the student brings to the position, and what the 'fit' looks like.
- It should provide both the student and the organization a realistic framework from which to decide if this is a direction they wish to pursue.
Participants Develop an Awareness Of:
- The 'world' of the supervisor both in terms of its 'challenges' and 'opportunities.'
- Their personal assets and liabilities as they relate to supervision.
- The systemic forces that often fragment organizations and work units, and create internal conflict.
- An understanding of the challenges the first line supervisor faces in creating 'organizational partnership' at all levels.
- How to create an agency culture that promotes and enhances teamwork and collaboration.
- The role of 'conflict' in an organization and how it can help or hinder in moving toward mission accomplishment.
- Their 'Emotional Intelligence' and how it applies to the world of supervision.
This course is currently being offered on 01/28/2019, 04/29/2019, 06/24/2019, 09/30/2019, 11/18/2019.